Creativity and Genre

 

Throughout the week we have watched a Ted Talk on New Introductions as well as an article called; “An Interview with Ron Beghetto: Subtle Nuances of Creativity in Learning and Life”. After reviewing over these two things this past week it has opened my mind about what to do when it comes to the final project. The ted talk opened my eyes to see that when you repress challenges to solve problems; this helps me understand that if I run into a challenge while working on my final project I just need to readdress the issue.

I have researched different magazines that have the same genre as the one I am interested in. I found things I do and don’t like about their magazines. I love how they all have big, bolded, and bright titles; as well as how the photograph on the cover page is not allows the same. Other magazines always have a model on the cover but when it is home living magazines it is always different and eye catching. The cover photograph changes day to day from baked goods, to crafts, and even at home DIYs. However, I did not like how they would credit sources on the cover, as well as how they add shout outs to other companies, and sources; I found as those should be more in the back of the magazine as it draws away from the main idea.

Finally, for my final project my group and I have decided for our project genre to mainly attracted the audience of home living magazines. With this genre it will help attracted all types of ages. Many magazines have a small area of target audience, mostly being young teens, the rich, etc. With doing a home living genre for our magazine it will attract a wider audience. Our target audience will be stay at home moms, retired women, those with young children looking for crafts, home DIYs, and maybe baked goods.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production 2- Schedule Photo Shoots

Post Production 1- Content Page

Peer Review