Decision Day
In the world we live in there are many different kinds of apps to use for both a movie or magazine project. After watching videos and reading articles on InDesign and premier pro, I have many mixed emotions about these programs.
The role of InDesign is a publishing software application for creating magazines, flyers, newspapers, and books. It is mostly used by graphic designers, artist, publishers, and marketing professionals. Projects made in this program can be shared both digital or print formats. If I were to create a magazine with my group or by myself InDesign would hands down be the best option for this project. It would make a big difference using this program than any other program because it already comes with formats and it is made for making things like a magazine. If I were to use another program I could risk missing out on important details that InDesign may have. In magazines the most important page is the feature article, the storytelling, attention grabber. When designing a feature article for a magazine “The Four Cs of critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity go hand in hand with storytelling” (Cherry, 2017). When you compare a magazine to a movie we all rather watch a movie as it is more interesting than reading a magazine; however, it takes us to create more interesting feature articles to grab others attention.
Premiere Pro is used for all common
video editing task necessary for producing broadcast-quality, high definition video.
It can be used to import videos, audio, ad graphics; which is also used to
create new, edited versions of video which can be exported to the medium and
format necessary for distribution. If I were to create a movie for my project
premiere pro would be the program to use. This would allow me to shoot different
clips at different times and then allow me to edit them, putting the movie all
together; adding effects, music, and even text effects. There are many more
apps in the world that we can use to create a movie. I think if there were an easier
app out there it would allow for more of us to choose a movie however Premiere
Pro is very confusing to us making us give up on that idea.
In conclusion, after I have learned
more about the programs available to me it has opened my eyes as to which way to
go for my project at the end of the year. I believe that it would be easier to
do a magazine as my project as I found it a little bit easier than a movie. I
think I can understand more about InDesign easier than I would with Premiere Pro.
Comments
Post a Comment